Saturday 17 December 2022

Tangermarines!!

Tangermarines!!

So, had my first play of Xenos Rampant just about two weeks ago, and look what happened! This must be one of the quickest 'armies' I've ever painted!


I enjoyed that first game so much that within a few days I'd ordered a bunch of second hand space marines off ebay.. all built and mostly primed grey. They arrived pretty quickly (especially considering the current postal chaos, and I quickly set to work fixing up small repairs and giving them a fresh prime of grey and white. 

Whilst I was doing this, I was trying to decide which of the new Speedpaints from my starter set I was going to use as the main colour for this lot.. not really interested in doing it 'properly' (ie GW space marine chapters or whatever they're called), and pretty randomly settled for the 'Fire Giant Orange'.

These were really quick to paint and although they wouldn't win prizes, I'm loving the overall look of the unit. They are mostly painted using the Speedpaints, with some black and silver 'normal' acrylics used too.

The boss, not Captain Jaffa as I'm trying to avoid any more puns!

fighty jump-packy types.. Assault marines?


The 'tangermarines' name came upon me late at night and I thought it was hilarious.. I don't think it's that funny now, but I'm truly worried that it has stuck.. hardly the most terror-inspiring name for a unit of fighty shooty space soldiers.

Fifteen marines, so maybe two or three XR squads

Anyway, it also occurred to me that XR allows you to field vehicles, and a stompy fighty thing might be fun (as evidenced by Tom's stompy fighty orcish thingy), so an internet search found me the STL files for a suitable 'kit' and a few hours later we have this! Do these things normally have names ?  Not sure, but I suspect that this may get shade of orange too.


Anyway, I suspect that this lot will be far to pricey in Xenos Rampant points to field all at once in a standard game, (I hope to get the book at Christmas and I'll point them up), but I don't care, not exactly a problem having too many tangermarines :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment