Wednesday 30 November 2022

First play of Xenos Rampant

Last night I joined Matt and Tom for a go at Xenos Rampant, the latest of the 'Rampant' series from Dan Mersey and co.

I haven't yet got the book, it's on my Chrimble list.. and apart from some recently acquired crews for Five Parsecs, I don't really have any scifi stuff. (I once had a 40k starter box.. painted it all and sold it all when the son wasn't actually interested)

However, I enjoyed the nostalgia that Tom and Matt shared and can see me scouting fleabay for space marines!

It's fair to say that we're fans of the Rampant rulesets, and we had a great couple of games with Orks and space marines having a go at each other on Tom's jungly table.. There were some subtle differences to the Dragon Rampant game I'm most familiar with, with free activations in particular giving a little more nuance to troop types, but it was mostly quite intuitive and honest dice rolling fun.. which was matters really!


Ork stompy thing and Space marines bashing each other to a standstill

Ork Nobs in the Fart Cactii

A 4x4 table is plenty for a game of Xenos

The remainder of two units after combat!

brutal hand to hand in the jungle

scouty types, sneaky beggars

solid shooty fighty space marines (normal sized)

Not thousands.. but Lots of 'em!

Tom has made the most of the aquarium plants

Great jungle terrain pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment